- Skin shows softness far more than fur or feathers. High shutter speed and stopped down apertures are required for sharp portraiture.
- Gary Winfield is a master photographer that I was unaware of until he decided to start following me on Flickr. My intention is to study Gary’s marvelous work as well as the incredible work of all the wonderful photographers in my Flickr favorites with the goal of improving my photography skills, which is why only photographs with camera settings are in my Flickr favorites.
- Gear dogma should always be viewed with suspicion. Successful composition in photography is a fine art that involves knowledge in the use of light. Gear is the brush one chooses to paint with.
- I handheld a Nikon AF-S FX NIKKOR 200-500mm f/5.6E ED Vibration Reduction Zoom lens to photograph a family gathering as to not be intrusive, and used a Zeiss Milvus 50mm f/1.4 ZF.2 manual focus lens on a street photography outing that produced this site’s splash photograph (serendipitous pun intended) .
- During an on location documentary photography wedding session, I found the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR lens every bit the legendary wedding workhorse that it’s touted to be, and a sublime Zeiss 50mm manual focus prime lens misses opportunities in low light street photography that a similar autofocusing 50mm prime lens would not. Nevertheless deep insights dwell in gear dogma exceptions.
- Photography is a serendipitous journey that engenders a continuous love of learning. I intend to share and receive this learning so that we may grow together.
Sincerely, Kenneth Tucker